Sunday, March 28, 2010

Homemade Donuts, Hudson turns 2!, and Poor Baby, part 2.

The day before Hudson's birthday, Grammy and Grandpa Longendyke surprised us by bringing over ingredients to make homemade donuts!  What a special and delicious treat!  I was seriously surprised at how easy they were to make and they were sooooo good.  I can totally see this becoming a problem with my diet. 


See the one with the hot fudge in the middle?  That was my idea and soooo delicious!

Hudson turned 2 on Thursday of last week!  I know everyone says this when their children hit another birthday, but seriously how did 2 years go by already?  It's just not possible that he's 2!  My little man is such a joy.  He is definitely full of energy, sometimes has a death wish, but loveable and has a great big heart.  I put together a list of things he's "in to" or is currently doing, which is mainly just for me to keep myself up-to-date, and less for your reading pleasure.  :)

  • He loves Sienna so much, but for some reason, I think he has a special place in his heart for Noah.  He lays down next to him, rubs his head or back and is always so sweet and comforting to him.  It melts my heart.  :)  We'll see how long this lasts...haha. 
  • He talks up a storm, which really just picked up a lot in the last 3-4 months.  He says 3-5 word sentences and is getting really good at his ABC's, counting 1-10, and practicing his manners.  He can also count in Spanish, but I take zero credit for that and give it all to Dora.  
  • Hudson loves sports and has an extreme obsession with balls, particularly baseball, football and basketball.  My parents got him a little tikes hoop for Christmas and I have to say, he's got a pretty good shot.  I really can't believe we still have 2 more years until flag-football or T-ball...seriously?
  • He just recently learned how to say Noah.  He has been calling him No-No, for the last 5.5 months!
  • If you ask him what his name is, he will say, Hudsy Ongdyke.  He truly believes his name is Hudsy.  Great.
  • He cannot get enough of Thomas the Train and gang.  I mean it's an obsession....really.
  • He loves BSF so much.  One day, he cried when I came to pick him up - like as in he didn't want to leave.  That was so cute and so sad, all at the same time.  He is also picking up all the bible stories and songs that they teach him every Wednesday.  Just tonight he asked to read his "baby Bible" for his bedtime story.  Of course I tried to read him some verses, but soon enough, we were back to a Thomas book.  ;)
  • He can be so stubborn and hard-headed, just like his father, but also so sweet, warm and compassionate, just like his mother.  Haha.  No seriously though, he's got this crazy mix of a personality.  He's a bit of a daredevil, has been known to bite a time or two, but at the same time will kiss you to death, or rub your back, just for no reason.  My main job right now with him is clearly defining his boundaries and trying my hardest to discpline him with 1,2,3 Magic.  I'll have to say, Sienna caught on to this in no time, and we still use it often with her.  She rarely gets past 1 before she'll do what she's asked.  Hudson, on the other hand, is challenging us a little bit more, but he's picking it up nonetheless!

Being silly at his birthday breakfast.

Helping put together his Sodor Carnival train set!


Yumm, icing!



We celebrated his actual birthday with a lot of playtime, indoors and out, a lot of M&M's, presents, pizza and a red velvet cupcakes!  Happy Birthday, Hud!!

Poor Noah got sick again last week!  It seems that whenever the older two catch a cold with the runny nose, cough symptoms, Noah gets a few days later and much worse than them!  I took him last Wednesday because he was showing some of the same signs of the RSV he had back in January.  Irritable, no energy, not feeding well, deep cough, low grade fever, etc.  I was convinced that we were heading down that road again and was relieved to hear that it was more than just a cold, just for the sake of getting some medicine!  He had bronchiolitis and a right ear infection (this is his 2nd).  (They didn't test him for RSV, because his treatment plan would've have been the same, regardless of the results.)  He's back on the albuterol in the nebulizer and an antibiotic for his ear infection.  It's amazing how the combo of those meds will change him so quickly - he was a new kid within a few hours!  Thankfully, all the kids are on the mend!

2 comments:

MP said...

poor little noah!! Happy birthday to Hudson though. He is such a little stud muffin! ::):)

Liz and Craig said...

Those donuts look quite yummy! Glad Hudson had a great 2nd Birthday - he must love that new trainset; it looks like a lot of fun! I love the picture of him with the baseball glove on, too;)