Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Update

It's been an exhausting and boring couple of weeks. We haven't had too much going on - but, we have however, been dealing with some sick children. Sienna had a horrible cold and Hudson had a little bit of a stomach virus - but all is well now and everything (including sleep schedules) is getting back to normal!

To catch you all up on the babies - Hudson will turn 6 months on the 25th and he's getting more active and entertaining by the minute. He is constantly moving, rolling and even trying to crawl. Yesterday I even caught him in a push up position! He is such a sweet little thing though and I love watching him grow!! The big guy is having his big day in Church on Sunday - that's right, he's finally being baptized! Sienna was 6 weeks old when she was baptized and she was soooo bad during mass that I vowed Hudson (and any other children) would be much older for their baptism. So, the big day is finally approaching and I know my Mom and Grandmother are so thrilled...haha! Nadia and Christian Chopitea have agreed to be his Godparents and we could not be more excited! They are such wonderful parents to their daughter, Hailie and will be fabulous role-models to Hudson. We have been so blessed with Godparents - Craig and Liz (Sienna's Godparents) are a very special part of our family as well!


Sienna is growing up way too fast! She is a smart little cookie and I always tell Scott that she will be smarter than me by the time she's 9, maybe even before that. She remembers everything, hears everything (not so good sometimes...) and learns so quickly. For example - yesterday at lunch, I was tickling Hudson and she looks at me and says "Mom - be gentle with him." I almost died - that's what I tell her all the time and for some reason she felt the need to say it to me. We've also discovered that she's trying to manipulate us a little bit and use Hudson to her advantage. For example - Hudson has his U2 rock lullabies that we put on for him in the car and Sienna has her kids music that she listens to sometimes. Well yesterday, when I put on "Sunday Bloody Sunday" for Hudson, she told me that he doesn't like this song and he wants to listen to "The Wheels on the Bus." I don't know what I'm going to do with her - she really cracks me up! School is still challenging for her. We've had to deal with one of her teachers quitting in August (that was hard on her) and now she's been moved to an older classroom. So, we're basically back at square one. It's been really tough on me - to see her cry everyday, but I'm trying to get through it. I do know that she's in great hands, learning a lot of new things AND she stops crying before I walk out the front door. :)

(Brooke (Brett's daughter), Sienna and Hudson - hanging out at Grammy's)

So, that's pretty much it! We are excited for this weekend and next weekend we get to celebrate the wedding of two friends of ours - Kieran and Annie. I'm so happy for the two of them and I cannot wait for the party!


1 comments:

Christine Bilek said...

Glad to hear your kiddos are feeling better, we have been dealing with the same sick stuff here lately too, I just wrote the same blog post...haha