Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Pizza Feet & Big Truck Day

I almost titled this blog Hot and Cold, because that's soooo what Sienna has been lately, but I decided to go with what I have...

Pizza Feet! (aka:  first position)

Sienna began her pre-ballet class at the beginning of April at the Ida Lee Recreation Center.  It was a very low committment, just 5, 45 minute classes, which was perfect for us, as we "test the waters" with different sports.  The first class was a joke.  Sienna did NOT want to go in by herself and I actually had to do the class with her!  It wasn't enough for me to just sit off to the side inside the room (while all the other Mom's were outside!), I literally had to do it ALL.  Luckily, my Mom was with me and hung with the boys while I got my ballet fix with Sienna.  As you can imagine, I had really low expectations for this session.  However, Sienna decided for the next 3 classes, that she just LOVED ballet.  No problem going in, did the whole class by herself, loved every second, etc.  Everyone was so happy!  Then comes the last class, yesterday.  This is the class where after their warm-up, all the parents get to come in the room with their cameras and video-cameras and capture all the adorable ballet moves they've learned over the past month.  Sienna decided she didn't want to participate and was hoping that I would do it with her again....in front of ALL the parents.  Um, yeah right.  I can handle showing off my ballet to a bunch of 4 year olds, but not in front of their parents, grandparents, cousins and siblings.  :)  She clung to me on the sidelines for 30 minutes!  I was literally tearing up...I was so upset and I can't understand why she is so up and down or hot and cold.  It's so strange.  Finally, I told her something I should've told her at the beginning...."IF YOU GET UP AND GET YOUR HINEY IN THE CLASS, I WILL GIVE YOU SKITTLES AND AN AIRHEAD WHEN YOU GET HOME."  And that's all it took.  Because she sat out for most of the cute ballet-prancing around, I only got pictures of her with the ribbon and trying to do "ballet-kicks" over roses.  She looks so happy in these pictures, too.  Not sure what we're going to do with this child.  :)








The Town of Herndon's Public Works Department is having "Big Truck Days" all this week and the kids and I, along with our good friend, Megan and her two boys, went up there this morning.  The town put all their big work trucks on display and all the kids got to climb in and explore them.  It was so cute and definitely something new and fun to do.  Sienna and Cade were all about the trucks, climbing in, fastening seatbelts, pushing buttons and steering the wheel.  Hudson was a little picky about what trucks he wanted to sit in, but the ones he did choose, he loved!  :)  Noah and Beckett chilled in the double stroller and were such angels the entire time.













3 comments:

Christine Bilek said...

My kids are completely hot and cold too...Addy refused to do soccer the first weekend, the 2nd she was fine b/c I bribed her, and this past weekend, I had to carry her around on my hip the whole time...because I was suckered into coaching!!! I feel your pain.

Glad you had fun at the truck thingy...I bet the kids loved it!

The Samsons said...

I love how honest you are about Sienna's ballet. I probably should've mentioned Ava's hot and coldness and the crying, "I dont want to go to ballet!!" preceeding some of her classes ;) Very cute pics of the trucks!

Haddon Family said...

hahahaha that story about sienna had me cracking up (well the thought of you doing ballet infront of all the parents). i definitely had the same thing with drew and soccer. theyre still so young! i figure when he asks me to do it we will do it. sorry i missed big trucks day!! looked like a lot of fun!