Bam... Scott took over the blog... hacker-style.
So, tomorrow is my last day of working for Washington Real Estate Investment Trust. I'm scouring my computer for files that I don't want to leave behind and found some old photos. I thought this would be a good way to lock them down forever. So now, the Longendyke blog is alive.
Here's a photo of my team at work. The young guy in the back right has transitioned to a new department. The bearded guy in the back middle has moved on, and the old guy on the right has retired. Tomorrow, I'll be gone too.
Here's the kids two Halloweens ago... 2012 I reckon. Too bad I can't figure out how to rotate the photo in this new blogger job of mine.
Here's an old one of the boys. Funny to see how quickly they've grown up.
This is a little shark I caught down on a fishing trip out of Atlantic Beach, NC with my father and father-in-law.
This was a decent sized Grouper that my dad caught. 30-some inches. He gave it away to some other guys on the boat to cook up.
This was a nice one of Hudson showing me his feet, or stretching ability or something.
Noah with a nice ole Smile!
Might have been my first selfie ever? Trying to figure out the a new phone maybe?
Here's the kids chilling in their pajamas. Hudson is expressing his inner-Pirate.
These are some dinosaurs that live out near White Post, VA.
This is a little bass I caught in a pond in Ashburn.
This is HAPPY Noah. I love him.
This is how quickly Noah can change moods. I believe it was less than a second between the two pictures. Oh, the passion from that little one.
Here's an O's game. Yankees GM Brian Cashman was sitting a couple rows in front of us so I tried to take his picture.
Here's Hudson. I think this was his first day of pre-school at St. David's in Ashburn.
I always liked this picture of Noah rockin Mommy's fedora.
Here's the kids if there lived as Hippies in the 70's.
Mother and Daughter on a little weekend lunch date to Buffalo Wild Wings.
This is Hudson on a hike in Leesburg. Again rocking the Pirate look, this time meshed with a little duckface.
Hudson trying on the teddy bear's Nationals jersey. A little snug.
Here's the oldest and youngest on a daddy-kid trip to the Air and Space Museum. This is how we used to kill time when Shannon was in Nursing School.
Another Daddy-Kid trip to the Natural History Museum.
Hudson at his first Wizards game. I think this was a birthday present for when he turned 5.
Here's a garage party photo from shortly after we moved into our current house in Leesburg.
This is obviously not in chronological order. Here's Chad Parker and I during a birthday celebration for Shannon at Sweetwater Tavern. Might have been her 32nd?
These are some things that I collect called Bosson Heads. They don't make them anymore, but they used to be made in England. My grandfather used to collect them and had about 30 or so. When he passed away in 1996, my mom and her siblings split them up. Now my parents have been giving me some occasionally for gifts adn my collection is starting to grow.
Here's Chad Parker on a skydiving trip. Was a great day!
Here's the boys on a trip to the library rocking the knit caps.
This was one time when I had an awful idea of letting all 3 kids sleep together in one bed. I think it lasted about 5 minutes.
So, there you go. A little trip through the Longendyke History Museum. Maybe I'll keep it up, or maybe it won't happen again for two years. You never know.


3 comments:
Great post, Scott! Jonathan and I got some good laughs and also "aww"ed over all the cute pics of the kids. Good luck at your new job!
loved all the pics. congrats on the new job!!
this is my favorite blog post on any blog ever, well done! life through the mind of a man is just oh so simple :)
Post a Comment