Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My Aunt Pat

On May 27th, my sweet Aunt Pat was called to Heaven. She now rests with The Lord, numerous family members, including her son Greg and her very special brother, my Dad. 


Just a three weeks after my Dad passed, Aunt Pat was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer in numerous parts of her body. She immediately declined treatment, having been down that road before and surviving breast cancer. Instead of feeling sorry for herself and being depressed, she immediately began planning trips and living her life! She traveled all over the east coast, planned a heck of a "celebration of life party" and continued drinking her Beringer White Zinfandel. :) This woman truly loved life and was such an inspiration to me. With the loss of my Dad and now my Aunt Pat, our hearts are just broken. I remember joking with her in her final days about how I was mad at her...not seriously mad, but jealous that she was so close to seeing my Dad again. Honestly though, they were so close and I find so much comfort in the fact that they are together. I pray all the time that my children have the same bond that they did...it was truly remarkable. Rest in peace Aunt Pat - you are forever in our hearts. 

Here are some pictures of us with her over her last months: 










1 comments:

The Samsons said...

I love how the end of her life was so wonderful and full of the things she loved. I am so sorry for yet another loss in your family.