I think I finally realized that Dora was a big part of our family about a month ago. I didn't witness this personally, but Scott later told me about it. Sienna was running away from her brother (who was chasing her in his walker) and yelling "Help me, Help me, Ayudame, Ayudame!" (Ayudame means 'Help me' in Spanish, btw.) Hilarious. I give Dora the Explorer full credit for teaching Sienna a lot of spanish words, songs and sayings throughout the past few months. Although, I did teach her how to count in spanish - so there, take that Dora!
About 4 or 5 months ago, Scott and I decided to buy tickets for the 3 of us to see Dora Live at The Warner Theatre! We had already decided that this would be a "Sienna only" trip and Hudson would hang with one of our parents. We really wanted to do something special with just Sienna and we thought she would really enjoy this! Well in the days leading up to last Saturday, she frequently asked why Hudson couldn't come and told us that he would be "sad" not being with us for the day. She quickly got over that and definitely loved all the attention!
We had such a perfect day in DC - well minus all the crowds! We took the metro into the city, which was jam packed and Sienna frequently told me that she wanted to "get in her car." I replied, several times, "you and me both sister." After the what seemed like a 5 hour metro ride, we headed to Rosa Mexicana for lunch. Yum, Yum, Yum. Too bad I couldn't partake in a margarita, but the food was delicious - as always! After lunch we headed straight to the theatre and made a mad dash to the "goodies" stand. Sienna had her eye on Diego's rescue pack and we just HAD to buy the $20 backpack, which I'm sure retails for $4.99 at Wal-mart. The show was great! Sienna enjoyed every bit of it and probably didn't move a muscle the whole time. Adorable. I was a little put off by how old the Dora actress was and how annoying the Boots character was, but I quickly got over that. :)
All in all, it was a blast. It was certainly great to reminisce about how easy life is with only one child, but honestly, it didn't feel complete without Hudson. We all couldn't get wait to go pick him up, especially Sienna. :)
Sienna and Daddy at Rosa Mexicana.
Every child received a star when they walked in. It was so cute to watch them wave them during the show.
A group shot - complete with Sienna's deer in headlight's face and rescue pack!In other news, Hudson is walking!!!! Over the past month, he has taken 4 or 5 steps here and there, but over the weekend, he started taking 20-30 steps at a time! That qualifies as walking in my book. ;)
2 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a great trip to DC:) Yay, Hudson is walking...can't wait to see the little ones this weekend!
Glad you had fun at DORA!!! Bruce and I went to Rosa Mexicano on Friday night...YUM...I love that place. Way to go with the walking Hudson!
Post a Comment