Last Sunday we began our crazy week of new adventures and appointments! It was an interesting week to say the least. :)
On Sunday, the 19th, Scott and I packed up BOTH kids and headed to the Nationals game. First, I should say, that Scott and I had some disagreements about this. I suggested that we either A: go by ourselves or B: bring Sienna only. However, Scott was very adamant that we bring both kids and make this a family outing...God Bless him. :) He won and off to DC we go. Well, let's just say, it wasn't the most fun we've ever had at a baseball game. I'm pretty sure I only watched 1.5 innings, even though we were there until at least the 5th or 6th. Our seats were in the sun, so Sienna's bum never actually touched her $30 dollar seat...it was way too hot for the Ms. Priss. :) All in all, it was exciting to see the kids at the ballpark. They loved the food, cotton candy, dippin dots and the loud music! I'm pretty sure it will be at least 5 years until we do this with the whole family again, but I enjoyed the experience, looking back on it. :)
Enjoying her cotton candy....very much!
Checking out the kids during bat practice.
Sienna was obviously in awe at the boys hitting. :)Tuesday was another big day! It was Sienna's first trip to the pediatric dentist. Now, you may think I'm over-reacting, but I was soooo nervous about this trip. I mean, this child wouldn't even step on the scale at her 3-year check-up, she screamed bloody murder and made quite the scene. I totally felt her pain on the inside, but I at least manage to keep my tears in when I get weighed at the doctor's. :) So, with all the commotion at her regular check-up, I was expecting this dentist appointment to be the worst hour of my life. And it really wasn't. :) This dentist office is ALL about preparing the children for their first trip to the dentist. They sent a cute book to our house a week before the appointment called "Dentasaurus." This book explained everything that would happen at the appointment, right down to everyone's names and even the names for the tools they used. This book didn't really help Sienna very much...she still wasn't a happy camper. Everything (and by everything, I mean her picking out the color of her balloon and getting a tour of the office) was going smoothly until they asked her to get in the chair. (Chairs are a problem, you'll see the theme in a minute...) The sweet hygenist just wanted to do a cleaning and Sienna didn't want ANY part of the chair. Sooo, with the chair out of the question, we moved straight to the exam...which was conducted on MY LAP. Haha. Seriously, this girl is crazy! Sienna had to straddle my lap facing me and lean back onto the doctor's lap for the exam - I guess that's one way to do it. In conclusion, she has great teeth, no cavities, and maybe a little problem with her bite...but, we can't worry about that now. We're going back in January for Round 2. Stay tuned.
Posing with her balloon and pearly whites - after her appointment.Friday, was yet another big day! Hudson's second hair cut and Sienna's first one! Hudson got his first haircut about 2 months ago and did a really great job. I never managed to get any pictures, because I sat in the chair, with him on my lap. I wasn't worried about him at all for this appointment, but I was definitely worried about Sienna, considering we have yet another appointment involving a chair. Well, this time around it was Mr. Hudson who did all the misbehaving. Sienna insisted on him going first and when she saw him freak out for 10 minutes, she was all but excited to jump into the chair for her turn. So, our sweet, sweet hairdresser was kind enough to conduct this appointment on the floor! Yes, on the floor of a hair salon sat me, Sienna and our hairdresser for a good 15 minutes. After we made it to the floor, Sienna was an angel and got about 2-3 inches cut off without a peep! Both of them look very groomed now - just in time for Myrtle Beach! :)

Whew, that was our crazy week! It was insane, but I guess the worst is out of the way...for now. ;) These two pictures really don't have anything to do with our blog post, but I thought they were cute.
Scott, holding Emily. The things Daddy's do for their little girls. :)
Hud sitting outside by the fountains! He loves to run around outside, so this picture is pretty much a miracle.
2 comments:
Great pictures of the game! What a fun experience :) Good for you taking Sienna to the dentist. I need to do the same, I'm just nervous! She gets "scaredy" with things like that unless she sees another kid do it first.I fully expect lots of crying :(
Cute post:) I love the pictures from the game (and the others, too)! Gotta love cotton candy - I know I do!
Post a Comment